never felt so stupid...
I just realise now that my o level cert is just a piece of paper, literally. It serves not much purpose unless you actually still know how to apply what you have learnt. Still with me so far? Why i bring this up is because someone ask me for help in graphs. It just struck me in the head then that i don't remember much about graphs! We talking about sec 4 maths here. y=mx+c...that's all i can remember other than graph paper and lines and curves and y and x axis...so i've decided to dig up the math textbk and do some 'problem solving'.First chapter was about cumulative frequency. I remember it being very easy back then. Then i went on to my fav. topic, algebra. yes, algebra. I never felt so stupid! I can't even solve this ---->
__a__ = b
a+2
*express a in terms of b
My answer was wrong. God this is like so simply lah back then. My point here is that our secondary school education serves not much purpose if what we are doing now aren't related to what we've studied so hard for back then. Three years hiatus from maths and the result is this. I can't even solve a freakin simple equation. That says it all.
I'm headin back to hittin my old books now. Just doing this for myself. Imagine this, years to come your own children ask you for help in maths and all you can do is stare blank into their faces. Well, i don't need to imagine that cause even now when my brother ask for help in maths, i just walk away...
__a__ = b
a+2
*express a in terms of b
My answer was wrong. God this is like so simply lah back then. My point here is that our secondary school education serves not much purpose if what we are doing now aren't related to what we've studied so hard for back then. Three years hiatus from maths and the result is this. I can't even solve a freakin simple equation. That says it all.
I'm headin back to hittin my old books now. Just doing this for myself. Imagine this, years to come your own children ask you for help in maths and all you can do is stare blank into their faces. Well, i don't need to imagine that cause even now when my brother ask for help in maths, i just walk away...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home